Pensacola shooting is being investigated by authorities as a shooter carried out deadliest attack at a U.S. naval base in Florida, while Saudi nationals linked to the assault are now given reason for, despite the fact that no arrests have been reported yet.
FBI agent, Rachel L. Rojas, helped us to learn that the community is under no immediate threat. On the other side, authorities have explained that a Saudi commanding officer has asked all students from the country to stay at one site at the base.
Rojas said, “There are a number of Saudi students who are close to the shooter and continue to cooperate in this investigation. The Saudi government has pledged to fully cooperate with our investigation.”
The FBI’s Jacksonville office has made public identification of the shooter in a statement Saturday night as Mohammed Alshamrani, 21-year-old, and also released a photo of him.
He has been a student naval flight officer of Naval Aviation Schools Command at what time he sprayed bullets Friday at Naval Air Station Pensacola in Florida and then killed by officers, while he is reported a 2nd Lt. in the Royal Saudi Air Force as well, described by authorities.
One of the U.S. officials told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity that 10 Saudi students were being held on the base.
U.S. Northern Command (Northcom) has claimed for more random security checks at all locations as the Pensacola shooting is being investigated by authorities, and to be believed the shooting was an act of terrorism.
However, authorities have not been claimed for the terrorism attack which is possibly appears to be terror campaign.
When reporters asked Lt. Cmdr. Michael Hatfield on Saturday, said that last week shootings at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam in Hawaii and in Florida, caused installation of all Defense Department by Northcom, including facilities and units within the U.S. to without delay study force protection measures and “implement increased random security measures appropriate for their facilities.”